Thursday, April 9, 2009

Casting Call: Vintage Pulp Fiction

I saw The Spirit last night, and I cannot help but think about all the wasted potential. The Sin City esque coloring could have actually been good if it wasn't for the horrible acting. But it also got me thinking that I miss the vintage noir/adventure type movies. I would love to see a reemergence. I really love the first The Phantom movie, and the Indiana Jones movies are always good fun, even the fourth one. Here are some casting ideas for the more well known ones.


The Phantom- Matthew Fox
His time on Lost has granted him a certain level of star status. He certainly shows an ability to hold a movie and be a good hero. His slender build and face immediately remind me of The Phantom's silhouette. And his get-up in Speed Racer certainly leaves little to the imagination of how he'd look in the costume.


The Shadow- Jon Hamm
Jon Hamm has had a similar star status jump as Matthew Fox. Mad Men certainly put him on a few people's radar, and his good looks easily make for Bruce Wayne's muse.


Doc Savage- Eric Dane
Broad shouldered, wide jaw, and actually shows a little age with his salt and pepper hair color. It would be refreshing to see an adventure who didn't look like he just came off the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment