Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hollywood and the Lost Cause

Hollywood is constantly worrying and trying to fix the long lasting decline in movie goers, so every year more and more crappy pictures come out that try to out due the last one. More explosions, more nudity, more shocks, more gore. This is not the way. The general audience is not stupid. they want sibstance and Hollywood is just scaring them away.

Plus, the real problem lies within the high movie prices and poor atomsphere that is the movie theatre. When I saw The Departed, I caught the old lady show (my first mistake) on Saturday afternoon. I wanted to pay matinee prices, so sue me. The lady behind me even though I asked her to stop more than once continued to talk about the graphic nature of the movie. The worst was when she said, "I didn't think it was going to be like this." Its rated-R. If it didnt have the gratuitous violence and language it would have been PG. Not to mention seeing the midnight show of The Omen 666 on 6/6/06 and seeing a young mother bring her 1 year old child. There is too much wrong with that equation, I do not evn know where to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment