Monday, February 9, 2009

Top 5 Most Anticpated Movies of 2009

5) Monsters vs Aliens- Great cast (Seth Rogen, Will Arnett, Stephen Colbert, Keifer Sutherland, Reese Witherspoon, Hugh Laurie, and Rainn Wilson) with a really cool and fun concept (its right there in the title)

















4) Public Enemies- Depp vs Bale, two of the more prolific actors today, in a movie about John Dillinger, one of the most infamous American criminals, directed by Michael Mann, one of the better crime directors out there. How could I resist? Also stars the fantastic and beautiful Academy Award winner Marion Cotillard, and set in one of my favorite time periods other than present. I am a sucker for the noirish Prohibition era type stuff (gumshoes and dames).










3) X-Men Origins: Wolverine- The title is a mouthfull, but Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is probably one of my favorite superhero portrayals of all time. Thank god they recasted Tyler Mane with Liev Shreiber. By the trailer alone I am confident in saying he'll make a better Sabertooth, I don't care how much bigger Mane is. Plus, the movie has Deadpool, and I love me some Deadpool. The fact that he is being played by Ryan Reynolds is as perfect a casting as Ron Perlman as Hellboy.











2) Inglourious Basterds- Despite Tarantino's horrible spelling, I have been looking forward to his WWII epic since back when Mickey Rourke was "attached" (way before The Wrestler). The cast is a bit of a let down except for Brad Pitt considering the likes of Michael Madsen, Sylverster Stallone, and Adam Sandler were once in talks for roles. Nevertheless, a WWII epic with a spaghetti western mentality is a fantastic enough concept to keep me interested.











1) Watchmen- Alan Moore might be too stubborn to watch it, but the "unfilmable" comic being directed by a highly visual director and an inspired cast is finally happening and I cannot be any more psyched. I feel that it has odd placement in the market, but the contrversey surrounding it and the intense visuals of the trailers will probably be enough to snag some unintiated viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment